Tank Strider 1.0 is the evolution of Tank Walker 1.0 and is a Wave 1 Nanovor.
Tank Strider 1.0 still maintains the tradition of expensive heavy damage, but abandons the SPD sabotage. Tank Strider is more interested in ARM.
Tank Strider's interest in ARM is expressed through Slam's ability to ignore armor with a Red Spike, and his ability to give his swarm a major Defense boost.
- Something's going on in Tank Strider's nugget. Unlike most Nanovor, who just dive into battle without much thinking, Tank Strider seems to be plotting...planning...scheming. I'm sure that if Tank Strider had access to Acme™ brand anvils, giant rubber bands, and sticks of dynamite, the battles between Nanovor would look a whole lot different. Unlike cartoon characters, though, Tank Strider is actually pretty successful and uses its bag of tricks to pull one over on the opponent. It can take a beating and come back for more, probably with an even more devious plan.
- So it goes last. Big deal, because when Tank Strider does get its chance, it's like the linebacker crushing the poor 5'6" freshman who thought it was a good idea to try out for varsity football to impress some girl who doesn't even know he exists. But I digress. Tank Strider's armor and health are big enough that it can soak up more than a few hits while building up the Energy to tack on even MORE armor with its Defense ability. Once is all it takes, and then it and its swarm buddies become walking, chittering tanks of doom. Using this with Velocitrons or Hexites is a great way to get the best of both worlds--speed AND armor. Once Tank Strider uses Defense, wait a turn to use Agony for a nasty psychic attack, followed with as many Slams as your opponent can take.
COUNTER TACTICS Edit
- Beat It To The Punch! Tank Strider 1.0 is one of the slowest Nanovor out there, so take advantage of its weakness and use some speedy Hexites to ensure that you get the first hit! Start off with Spike Spine 1.0 and attack with Charge. Then, swap in Battle Kraken 3.0 and fight the rest of the battle with Battle Kraken's versatile and fun attacks. Make sure that you only use Poison Darts as your squishing blow, because it blocks Battle Kraken's attacks for a couple rounds.
- Thicken Your Shell! Having thick armor is extremely important against Magnamods since they do such heavy damage. Start off with your Electropod 1.0 and attack with Electroshock. Then, swap in your Electropod 2.0 and armor up! Now you'll be sure to outlast this powerful Nanovor.
- Don't Forget the Dodge! It's never a bad idea to use the Dodge override, especially when you're up against such a heavy hitter! Increase your chances of avoiding his attacks by using Circuit Flyer 2.0's Dodge after saving up some EN with a cheap damage attack like Spike Spine 1.0's Charge.
- Ponderously slow, even by Magnamod standards, Tank Strider seemed to survive by a combination of its incredible toughness, devastating attacks, and peculiar cunning. In my studies, it's come to my attention that Tank Strider is known for creating elaborate plans to win the day. Some of these occur at a social level as well, with Tank Strider using its Defense ability to toughen its fellows in a battle, who would come to its aid in return. This behavior is seen in the higher-functioning animals of our planet, but apparently exists at a nanoscopic level as well.
Possible evolutions include: